View LEED Documentation
View Sustainability Fun Facts (pdf, 37KB)
Owens Corning is a leader in producing innovative solutions in building materials and composite solutions. And, according to a recent 2011 homeowner survey, Owens Corning was voted "the most recognizable brand in the roofing market." But today's homeowners are asking for more than just brand recognition and industry reputation. They're asking for sustainable solutions for their own home. Check out some Owens Corning sustainable roofing practices below.
Preferred Contractor Shingle Recycling Program
Now Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt, LLC is asking you, the contractor, to take action and start recycling shingles. By doing this, you will participate in sustainable business practices and give customers the peace of mind that their shingles won’t end up in a landfill. Owens Corning Roofing and Asphalt, LLC, working with Heritage Environmental Services and other reputable recyclers, will make it easy to recycle your tear-offs by providing you with convenient, dedicated recycling drop-off centers – and discounts on recycling fees at most locations!
Learn more about how the Program can benefit your business.
ENERGY STAR® Rated Shingles
Shingles That Look Beautiful and Save Energy
Owens Corning Roofing developed Duration® Premium Cool Shingles, which utilize granule technology to reflect the sun's rays to help keep roofs cooler, resulting in a more comfortable and energy-efficient living space below along with these additional benefits:
- ENERGY STAR® rated for the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2010
- Meets California's Title 24 Standards
- Help lower energy bills by keeping the roof cool – which also reduces wear and tear on your air conditioning system
- Can reduce environmental impact-less energy needed to cool a home, which means lower energy consumption and carbon footprint impact, and helps reduce heat island effect
- Help extend the life of the roof – thanks to solar-reflecting granules that reduce shingle temperature and subsequently slow asphalt aging
- Backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty*, 130 mph wind resistance Limited Warranty* and algae resistance Limited Warranty*
- Rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)
- Click here to learn more about Duration® Premium Cool Shingles
ENERGY STAR® Rated Shingles
In addition to Duration® Premium Cool Shingles, Owens Corning Roofing offers TruDefinition® Duration®, Duration®, Oakridge®, Supreme® and Classic® Shingles in Shasta White that also meet ENERGY STAR® ratings.
* See actual warranty for complete details, limitations and requirements.
Browse the links below to discover more details on Owens Corning Roofing's commitment to sustainability:
Shingle Recycling Program and Recycled Content
LEED and NAHB
Green and Sustainability Literature